Tuesday, July 28, 2009

{My little fish}

Since this is where we spend most of our summer, I thought it was only appropriate that I post a picture of the kids here. Sun-n-Fun swim club.....I'm not sure what we would do all summer if we weren't members! This picture was taken 2 weeks ago at their first day of swimming lessons. Mind you, they all pretty much know how to swim. We're just doing this to get better. Anyway, that Paige.....soooo frustrating! She refuses to get in with the rest of her class (only 3 other kids). For a while, her teacher thought she was afraid of the water....boy did she have him snowed! After lessons we usually stay to play for a while and what do ya know, there is Paige jumping in, diving for sticks and begging to jump off the diving board. WHAT?!! I don't understand her fear of participating. It's not a new thing...she's been like this forever and I just can't figure her out. She comes by it honestly though....just ask my mom! Mom said I was the same exact way when I was a kid. So pretty much the only thing that will help is time.....is that what you're telling me mom? Can't I just throw her into the pool? Yeah, that's not going to help the situation. On a positive note.....Riley and Luke are doing GREAT! Their dives are shaping up, they are learning new strokes and how to tread water. Or as Luke used to say...."shred" water. We were running late the other day and Luke said...."good, I hope we missed the treading water part". So funny! He hates treading water.
By the way.....don't the kids look exactly like each other here? Now the big questions is....WHO do they look like?!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

we want to go to sun and fun with you. the kids love it when you take them there! they look just like both of you!!! so adorable! paige will probably be an olympic swimmer...won't that story be perfcet for her bio?!! :D enjoy these last days of summer!

PRICELESS MEMORIES said...

I want to go too.....The kids do look lots alike in this pic. Paige is gonna look like Aunt Jodie, she reminds me of a stahl.

Love ya