Saturday, September 5, 2009

{Murder at the Juice Joint}

For my birthday this year (33, gulp!) I threw a 1920's murder mystery party. Every one did a great job dressing up and playing their parts. It was so much fun...but for me, I think the most fun I had was planning the party and decorating! I regret that I didn't take pictures of everything, prior to the party. I guess I was a little too anxious (aka 'stressed') before everybody arrived I didn't even think of it. So I'll tell you what I did
(after cleaning and preparing food)

1. Get rid of the kids for the weekend! (thanks Mom & Dad)
2. Shampoo carpet (thanks Mark!)
3. Move family room furniture out into garage
4. Set up cocktail tables with black & white tablecloths, votive candle & bowl of goldfish
5. Hang art deco posters all over house
6. Set up "Photo Booth" in upstairs hallway
7. Play 1920's music (burned from iTunes)
8. Dim the lights, close the curtains and light the candles
9. Let the party begin!



A lot really goes into planning one of these murder mysteries. Assigning characters to the guests and preparing everybody's envelopes of "objectives" was a lot more time consuming than I thought it would be, but that's okay.....it was worth it. I think this party will give all of us something to talk about for a long time!

My neighbor ever so graciously allowed us to borrow his Ford Model A car.
I think it added to the whole feel of the party and really set the stage for the guests.
(here is "Hollywood Hal" & "Rosie Marie")



I set up a make-shift Photo Booth upstairs in the hallway and directed everybody to use it at their will. I set my old camera up on a tripod and left camera use instructions with a remote....some fun pictures came out of it!! I just need to figure out how to print them in strips like the picture here.



I think a good time was had by all!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

awesome!! i love the new blog look, too!

Ric-Rac Moments said...

the pics turned out awesome, love the photo booth pics of you and Mark..I'm soooo Glad we could keep the kids for the weekend... We too had FUN....maybe I'll even Blog about it...

krystamae said...

I love this idea! I have such hip cousins! :) And you both look spectacular! Miss you guys! Tell mini me and the other two kiddos 'hi' for me! Love you!