Mark and I had a date night planned for last night. Our plans were to go to Champaign and do some furniture shopping (yeah!) and get some dinner. Riley was going to be at a sleepover at a friend's house and I had a babysitter lined up for the other two kiddos. Perfect, right? Well, after the kids got home from school Luke went outside to play. I went out to find him and when I came back into the house I noticed a pretty strong gas smell. I thought I was being paranoid, so I went back outside for a few minutes then back into the house and still thought I smelled it. So I called Mark, he came home and agreed with me. Then after checking everything in the house he called the gas company. In the meantime, our babysitter showed up. We couldn't leave of course, so I sent her home. boo-hoo!! (yes, I did pay her a little something--for her time and gas) Praise the Lord, there was no leak in the house----I had a candle burning! Come to find out the pipes outside on the meter were extremely loose and it was seeping into the house through the dryer vent! How scary. I was all dress up (sort of!) and no place to go and nothing planned for dinner, so we decided to go out to eat with the kids.....and the neighbor kid. Luke and Tristan were playing so we invited him to come along. Those two had so much fun! All in all we had a good time together. So date night is on hold until Mark gets back from his fishing trip!

We were seated in a HUGE booth! Mark and I didn't even sit near each other. Oh well.

2 comments:
What a bummer! Oz and I are going to try to get a date in while mom is here.
scary! figures it would happen when you actually have a date planned! and btw, why am i just now hearing about this on your blog.....
Post a Comment