Monday, May 26, 2008

{Planting Trees}

My one request for mother's day was to get some new trees for our yard. My request was granted.....I received a flowering pear tree from each of the girls and a maple tree from Luke....oh yeah and a dwarf Japanese Maple from Mark (it replace the one that didn't survive last year). Each of the kids got to help Mark choose where to plant (with guidance..wink wink) their tree and then help dig, plant and water it. I was amazed at how excited they were to do this....maybe it's because it was something new to do. Well, of course I had to take some pictures. My goal is to take their picture next to their tree every mothers day....I just thought it would be cool to document the kids' growth along with their tree. Which one (the kid or tree) will grow faster?! Someone asked me "What happens when you move out of that house...will you take the trees with you?" The answer is no, probably not.....I think we'll be living here for a loooong time!





3 comments:

Anonymous said...

love that idea! cute pics! riley looks so old w/her earings! good memories!

Anonymous said...

With Lukes Boot On That Shovel....& Riley Hugging That Tree....
"Give Me Words To Speak"....."I Can't Think Of Anything Worth Saying".....
Love Nana Debb

Anonymous said...

Looks like great family fun!!!! Love Marti =)