Wednesday, December 5, 2007

{Hold on to Jesus!}

I took the kids out last month to get some updated pictures of them. The weather was a little chilly, but the kids didn't care too much. They were too interested in checking things out around them. My goal was to get a "perfect picture" of them, but I came back with an unexpected bonus.......a revitalized appreciation for their innocence and pure excitement with the simple things in life. The song you hear, by Erin O'Donnell, talks about how there are going to be difficulties in our children's lives that are beyond our control. But as long as we teach them to hold on to Jesus, He will never leave their side. Our kids are going to stumble, but we have to trust that God will be there for them and give them grace. Not only is this a message of encouragement for our children, but us as parents. I pray everyday that God will protect these precious children. And I thank Him everyday for trusting me to be their mom. There are so many things that we need to pray for our children. Have you ever thought about praying for:

*each of your children individually

*them to always feel loved and accepted

*their eternal future----that they will be able to comprehend eternity and make the decision on their own to invite Christ to live in their heart

*them to develop the kind of heart that seeks after God

*the friends that they choose to surround themselves with---not only to pray for your child to choose good friends, but to actually pray for those children that they choose

*their future spouse---start praying now for that person---that they are raised in a good home and they will be a godly person.

Oh, how there are so many more things to be praying for. If you're interested...there is a book by Stormie Omartian called "The Power of a Praying Parent". It really opened my eyes to see how much I need to be praying for now while my children are still young.

"Pour out your heart like water before the face of the Lord. Lift your hands toward Him for the life of your young children." Lamentations 2:19

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love it Jenna! It's so cute to see the kids like that - they certainly are naturals. I also love the song. Thanks for posting this video. ..they are always in my prayers..

Anonymous said...

precious! i love the song! you wanted to make me cry, didn't you?!
love ya! Hez