Sunday, April 26, 2009

{One sick Dude}

My little dude has been sick this weekend. I feel so bad for him.....the weather is puuuurfect and yet he can't go out and play with his friends. Pitiful. While Mark took the girls over to a cookout at a friend's house, Luke and I got to chill out together. We ate popsicles and went for a little walk. We walked around the little pond down the street from our house and talked to some boys that had just reeled in a catfish. Guess what we are doing today? Yup...you guess it...fishing! Maybe Luke being sick is a blessing in disguise. I never get to spend alone time with him, but we did yesterday. We walked hand in hand down the bike path and I asked him if he would ever be to old to hold his momma's hand. He sheepishly said with a grin, "I don't know, mom". I told him that I wouldn't do it in front of his friends if he would still hold my hand every now and then. "Okay Mom" As we neared our house he just says to me "This was a fun walk, Mom, thanks" Must have been good for his soul, too. **Sigh**
Hope you feel better soon, Buddy!

3 comments:

PRICELESS MEMORIES said...

pitiful...feel better soon buddy!

Anonymous said...

hope he's feeling better! ;)

Ric-Rac Moments said...

Give my Sweet Gr'Son Kisses & Hugs from us...Praying he is feeling better soon... So thankful for you as a MOM to take this moment to enjoy your son..:)We are so looking forward to the kids coming this weekend...I CAN"T Stand it.