Sunday, March 1, 2009

{L*O*V*E*}

I think that Valentine's Day is one of my most favorite holidays.  I don't go all out with the decorating, but I do a few fun little things like... fill a cloche with sparkley hearts, put a pink feathery heart on my black front door and heart shaped window clings on the back window and every mirror in the house.  And of course......heart shaped food!!  Heart shaped pancakes for breakfast, giant heart chocolate chip cookie and a heart pizza from Papa Murphy's.  All these things have sort of become a tradition.  I really enjoy spending the day with the kids and making them feel extra special and loved.  Mark and I forgo the over-rated Valentine's dinner out and opt for staying in with the kids.  Especially since we started the "I saw something good box".  We usually go out to dinner a few days before or after V-day for a little date just for us!     
I have to confess....it took me so long to blog about this because I never got a chance to take a picture of all 3 of the kids in their red v-day shirts!  I kept telling myself that I would do it, but it just seemed that I could never get all their shirts on them at the same time!  I've done this every year since Paige was born and I'm determined to make sure I do it this year....so what if it doesn't happen until March?!




3 comments:

Anonymous said...

i love valentines day, too!
cute pics!!

PRICELESS MEMORIES said...

Ok so this is a little scary.....kinda like buying the same birthday card and not knowing it. We sure do think alike. Looks like a fun day.

Martha Anne said...

Sweet....! I do love seeing your valentine pics....of all three in red/pink....=)