Tuesday, July 22, 2008

{Swimming Lessons}

Just a couple of shots of the kids at their swimming lessons. They have all become very good swimmers....they each even "graduated" to the next class level after just a few classes. Paige was a bit of a problem. As much as she loves to swim, she doesn't like to participate. The first two classes she refused to even get in the pool. When I asked her why she didn't want to swim with her class, she responded "because I don't need them to teach me". Oh boy.......we are in for a treat with this one! Well, somehow Paige managed to get the owner of the swim club to promise to help her with her next lesson. So the next lesson Paige received her own little "private" lesson at the other end of the pool. Talk about a little diva!! She had everybody thinking that she was afraid of the water, you can imagine how surprised her teacher was to see Paige swimming under water! So she graduated. She did great at the next lesson, but then after that she refused to get in the pool again. I just can't figure this girl out and it's driving me crazy!! Riley did great....she got diving sticks from the deep end of the pool, learned a bit about how to do the breath stroke and even learned how to "shred" water. ;) I am most proud of Luke. He went from being afraid of jumping off the diving board at the first lesson, to jumping off the big diving board AND swimming to the ladder all by himself. I knew he could do it, it's just that he didn't know it. But now he has total confidence in himself and seeing that in your child is...........beyond words. I'm just so proud. I even teared up the first time he jumped off the board because I knew how afraid he was, but he did it anyway! Anyway, we have been spending a big portion of our summer at the pool. The kids have great tans and I love how their hair gets that sun kissed look. I'm still working on my tan. I feel that since I am getting older I need to take better care of my skin, so I have been using a lot of SPF...especially on my face. I don't want to look like a piece of leather by the time I'm 50, you know what I mean!? Enjoy the photos and sorry it's been so long since my last post, but I warned you it would be a while! ;)




7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love my little swimming gr'kids... The pics are priceless and I'm glad to see you posting again...love ya nana

Anonymous said...

too sweet....love the pool....fun times....happy summer to you and the gang! Love ya! Marti =)

Martha Anne said...

weird..my comment didn't show up....so I'll try again....loving the lessons...and your kids...!!! What is summer w/o swimming? Love you...happy summer to you and the kids!

Anonymous said...

Hi there! I haven't spoke with you or seen your site in a while, so I logged on to see how the summer is going. Looks like ya'll are having a good one :)
Its been a busy summer here too! Glad everyone is doing good and I'll keep checking out the kids!
Take Care Love Tarra

Anonymous said...

oooo! love the new header! perfect!

Anonymous said...

Love your new header picture..Its now my new screen saver...You are an awesome photographer...My heart just loves those kids so much. MOM

Anonymous said...

Love the new header. super cute.
love heidi